Sunday, June 2, 2013

Reality Check...Good Ol' Fashioned Water Cleanse

Like Jay-Z's "Moment of clarity" my wheels got to spinning today after I made a trip to my trusty enemy: the bathroom scale.  I have battled with the number displayed for years.  My breaking point was 247.5 lbs in November of 2009...or so I thought.

I thought I was doing pretty good lately.  My jeans slide right on.  Nothing really fits tight.  Wouldn't you know it though, bad habits die hard and that demon of a number is creeping back up.  For the last month, I've wallowed in self-pitty and my scale is forcing me to face the truth.  I've been eating cookies, burgers, fries, and drinking my fill of carbonated delights enhanced with high fructose corn syrup...and now my scale has given me a moment of clarity: 227.5 lbs.

While that's not where I was, it is only 20lbs from where I was in 2009.  I should be progressing, not backsliding.  At 35, 5'4" tall...the last thing I need to be is 227.5lbs!  I damn near passed out when I saw that number.  I mean really???  Wow!  So ...time to get my A.C.E. in gear and get it together.  Time to shock my system and begin watching what I put in my mouth before I end up tipping the scale again.

So today is day one of my good old fashioned water cleanse.  LOL
It is just that: I can have nothing but water.  All I can drink.
Mind you, I write about this because it is my own personal weight loss journey and I do try some drastic things from time to time but this is a good thing.  Think of it as my kicking the habit cold turkey.  I'm itching even as I type (no offense to anyone that struggles with drug addiction).  Please do not take what I do as an incentive to do anything unhealthy.

A cleanse is supposed to rid your body of things that are bad for it.  The human body is a sophisticated machine.  God designed it that way.  In biblical days when people wanted to be closer to God they fasted...giving up food and other things that they felt lead them from Him.  So that is what this is: a journey to better understand my body, renew my faith, and start fresh.  So plenty of uncarbonated, fresh, free, clear, water it is.  Man I miss red dye number 40 already...

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment