Friday, January 25, 2013

Physical Upgrade w/A.C.E. Diet

Hi all!
In my last post, I talked about making some upgrades to my life.  This was an extension of the pre '13 upgrade post, being more specific as to what I was upgrading.  So this is going to be the kick off point for my physical upgrade.  Think of it as a metamorphosis.

Now I have my own personal reasons for wanting to change my outer self to reflect a chic, sophisticated, and classy chic...that screams upscale!  Why?  So I can attract the man I've been looking for of course.  Everyone "looks" at a corvette, but few buy.  You'll get that later if you keep thinking about it.  Mind you, I love my curvaceous self and will always be that way.  I'm just going to condense it down and then dress myself up in more refined packaging.

So I'm on FB and I see an old co-worker raving about this product called A.C.E.  It's an acronym that stands for Appetite Control and Energy.  <Click on the name to learn about the product.  I plan to only buy this from Kristen because that's where my personal connection lies.  Click on this link to buy but read the rest of the post before you do!  Buy A.C.E. here.

Now I'm no pusher so I try to do my research.  One of my goals for the '13 was to not be a patsy.  There are some things you should know about the product as they alarmed me (but not enough to not try it out for myself).  I'm going to share my concerns with you not to dissuade you from buying the product, but to point out what stood out to me.  Think of it as a consumer pre-review.

This product has 180 mg of Caffeine.  That sounds like a lot.  Is it a lot?  I have no idea.  I'm not a Dr.  I vote you ask your Dr if it is.
This product also has dimenthylpentylamine.  After you figure out how to pronounce this word, you should probably Google it.  It is a stimulant.  Mind you, methinks this is what helps you burn calories or raise your metabolism in conjunction with the vitamin B6, but if anyone has taken diet pills before it's this woman!  One thing I hate is feeling like my heart is racing.  Here are the side effects of dimenthylpentylamine according to WebMD (by the way, I know several health care professionals that swear WebMD is the devil so again, this is one to ask your Dr about).

That said, those two ingredients are my concern.  I don't like feeling jittery.  My personal reference for this product says you must drink a lot of water.  I found a blogger that substituted water for sweet tea and still had results.  So I'm going with that.  Not to mention, Great Value has lots of water flavor thingies that are sweetened with Stevia...not aspartame since that is truly the Devil/enemy!  So between my 2 quart jug of sweet tea (1/2 cup sugar) I think I'll be okay.  One of these days, I'm going to figure out how many points that breaks down to.  I joined Weight Watchers.

On the Weight Watchers note, the Special K protein shakes and Spiru-Tein protein powder mixed with vanilla almond milk (Blue Diamond in the refrigerator section at the grocery store) are both only 5 points!  Just tossing that out there.  The Spiru-Tein chocolate and strawberry taste like a milkshake with the vanilla almond milk.  If you get the fruity one, I strongly suggest you ONLY mix it with orange juice...but I haven't had that one in a while so I haven't calculated the points for that combo.  Back to A.C.E.

So I've placed my order and I got my email confirmation.  Please pay attention to your email if you order.  There will be information in there about "auto shipments."  You want to deactivate this function ASAP!  Like the day you get the email for your account so you don't forget.  That little gem of information is free but can save you a fortune if you're not prepared to continue to purchase the product.  Since I'm trying it out, I haven't decided if I'm going to do the auto ship thing or not. 

You also have the option to just order samples (< click "samples").  This will allow you to avoid the auto ship.
I will write again once I receive my order and start taking the supplements.  I'm drinking sweet tea or water with great value flavors (that use Stevia instead of sugar or aspartame).  I'll continue to think about exercising.  lol

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. “Congratulations Judiean Awesomeness! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.”

    read more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. Catch the update here: http://judielady.blogspot.com/2013/05/ace-update-consistency-is-key.html

      Delete